Modern remote monitoring systems are a new hit in terms of quality and supply chain regulatory requirements, providing unparalleled visibility into hundreds or even thousands of data points at the product and pallet level. Everyone involved in cold chain food logistics is concerned about complying with the recently adopted food safety regulations. In order to get a temperature-sensitive product from one place to another, the shipper, 3PL, and the carrier must work diligently in accordance with the current regulations for the transport of food as set out in Modern Law. This overarching law defines the conditions that supply chain partners must meet to ensure compliance.
Temperature Monitoring Devices
Temperature-sensitive products, whether they involve shipping, transporting, or delivery, are easier to handle when monitoring devices are involved. Temperature control devices work by alerting supply chain operators to potential temperature deviations, allowing them to withdraw products from the supply chain if necessary. Some temperature monitoring devices are explained below :
- Satrack Environmental Monitoring – This is a multi-purpose device and the reporting frequency is every hour. It is used for real-time tracking (30 seconds) and temperature monitoring. It also gives activity reports/ alerts and security reports/alerts
- Satrack Environmental Monitoring (Special) – This device is used for multiple purposes and the reporting frequency is every one minute. It is used for real-time tracking (30 seconds), temperature monitoring and detection for doors, tampering, etc. Likewise, It provides activity reports/ alerts and security reports/alerts.
- Locus Traxx GO Real-Time – This device is used for a single purpose and the reporting frequency is every eighteen minutes. It is used for real-time temperature tracking, location reporting. It has a 12-days battery life.
- Locus Traxx GO Real-Time (LUX) – This device is used for single-purpose and the reporting frequency is every eighteen minutes. It is used for real-time temperature tracking and location reporting, security monitoring, and a light sensor to detect unauthorized access. It has a 12-days battery life.
- Locus Traxx GO Real-Time (XL) – This device is used for single-purpose and the reporting frequency is every eighteen minutes. It is used for real-time temperature tracking, location reporting, and security monitoring. It has a light sensor that detects unauthorized access. Furthermore, it has 60-days battery life.
- LOG-IC 360® NFC – This device is used for both single and multiple purposes, and the reporting frequency depends on mobile data transfer (download) or real-time monitoring through mobile applications. It is used for data transferring directly to a computer or smart device. It has the ability to pinpoint the location of the temperature issue and can monitor core temperatures accurately with the probe.
- SpotSee WarmMark – This device is used for a single purpose, and the reporting frequency is continuous. It has a field arm with a simple pull tab set-up. It offers brief, moderate, and prolonged exposure time readings and requires no special packaging or storage
- BluLine RF Temperature Data Logger – This is a multi-use device and the reporting frequency is every ten minutes. It offers non-subscription cloud-based data storage, live monitoring, and alert notifications. The device is wireless and comes with a 3-years warranty.
- ORBComm CT3000/3001Series – This device is used for both single and multiple purposes, and the reporting frequency is continuous. It offers real-time monitoring through a direct connection to the logger via a computer or smart device and provides permanent or temporary installation depending on the model.
- Emerson GO Real-Time Tracker – This device is used for a single purpose, and the reporting frequency is every 18 minutes. It transmits real-time location and temperature information. It provides a thorough report via Oversight Mobile Application.
- Omega Nomad PDF Logger – This is a single-use device. The reporting frequency varies between 30- second intervals and 120-min intervals. It is a compact weatherproof device and provides easily downloadable data.
- RTDTemp 101A Data Logger – This is a multi-purpose device. The reporting frequency varies between one-second intervals and 24 hours intervals. The data logger can measure a wide variety of temperatures. It has a battery life of 10 years.
Purpose of Freight Temperature Monitoring
Purchasing a temperature control device can be expensive, but using it to transport food more safely can result in savings. Here, both the shipper and the consignee can control the temperature of each product at every step of the shipping process. This allows them to intervene before their product is shipped.Hence, it is advisable not to take a risk of shipping perishable goods without using the latest temperature control technology.
You can consult AWL India about your refrigerated transportation needs and see how we can assist you in using real time temperature monitoring technology to ensure your goods arrive at their destination on time.