- Tell us a bit about yourself.
Ans- I am an author, a person trying to have a goof life. I am also an academician and trying to make a mark in it. I am still 23 and figuring life with strong will and cup of tea. I am music lover and a born foodie. I love to munch on Bengali movies and my favorites are APARNA SEN and RITUPORNO GHOSH.
- What inspired you to take up writing?
Ans- I had a humongous baggage of past trauma and sadness. Soon I was engulfed with depression and I really did not know how to let all the pain go and hence poetry became my tool and my way of expression and it remained with me. I turned pain into my work and the book occurred.
- What is your take on plagiarism in the writing community? Any suggestions on how writers can safeguard themselves from such practices?
Ans-This is always a nightmare for a writer and it is absolutely unethical. Authors work 24*7 behind any manuscript and just imagine it being stolen. But we cannot ignore that this exist hence we should seek for more reliable source and try to watermark your work. I don’t know any other better solution.
- Which is your favorite genre to write on?
Ans-I am a hopelessly romantic person and I love working on romance. Since I have been an ally to the LGBTQ community, I try to understand there suffering and I love to write stories about them and my recent works on anthologies are mainly based on this.
- Tell us a bit about your writing journey so far.
Ans-My debut book got popular after three years of hard work. So I was busy it taking somewhere. Now I have finished my second book and it is in the publication process right now. I have taken part in anthology LOGOS ENTHRALLED, where my short story “BADNAM GALIYAN” made its way. My poems Got published in – THE CRITIQUE and LITERARY HERALD. I am of 23 figuring out life and taking all of this somewhere.
- What according to you is your best literary work till date?
Ans- No, absolutely not. There are so many beautiful talented writers out there. I have just started and it will take time to reach somewhere. So, I am just a toddler here, trying to learn things.
- What are your upcoming projects in the literary field?
Ans- My next poetry collection is about to get released, I have worked in two anthologies and I am looking forward to work more on it. But I am also planning to take a break and more concentrate on academics let’s see.
- Who is your favorite writer? What would you do if you get to spend a day with your favorite writer?
Ans- My favorite writer has to be Durjoy Dutta. I am his biggest fan and an ardent follower. I would talk about the beautiful characters he created and such heart touching stories he built up.
- How does it feel to be an award winner for your amazing work?
Ans- Awards are always special and it always makes you feel better and motivates you to work harder. Hence I am really happy to receive the award.
- What would be your two-line advice to upcoming writers?
Ans- Be patient and have faith in your talent, all will be fine. Things take time but you wiil reach there. And follow your heart.