What is Erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to get or maintain an erection sufficient for sex. Having erection trouble from time to time isn’t necessarily a cause for concern. However, when ED becomes persistent, it may result in performance anxiety, unsatisfactory sex life, low self-esteem, stress, and relationship problems.
Erectile dysfunction is a common problem for men with diabetes. Erectile dysfunction is seen in 35-90 per cent of diabetic men.
Although erectile dysfunction (ED) and diabetes are two separate conditions, they tend to go hand-in-hand.
Men who have diabetes are three times more likely to develop ED.
When men under 45 develop ED, it may signify type 2 diabetes.
CAUSES for ED: –
Sexual arousal is complex, involving two factors, the first one is psychological and the other is physical factors. An issue with any (or a combination) of these physical and psychological factors may cause erectile dysfunction.
Physical causes of erectile dysfunction
In many cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by something physical Common causes include:
1. Heart disease -Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
2. High cholesterol
3. High blood pressure
6. Tobacco use
7. Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse (Drug abuse)
8. Sleep disorders
9.Certain treatments for Cancer
10. Low testosterone
11. Medications are used to treat depression and other mental health conditions
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction:-
The brain plays a crucial role in triggering the series of physical events that cause an erection, starting with feelings of sexual excitement. Several things can interfere with sexual feelings and cause or worsen erectile dysfunction.
1. Depression, anxiety or other mental health conditions
3. Relationship problems due to stress, poor communication or other concerns
Symptoms of ED:-
● Trouble getting an erection
● Trouble keeping an erection
● Premature or delayed ejaculation
● Reduced sexual desire
Complications resulting from erectile dysfunction can include:
1. An unsatisfactory sex life
2. Stress or anxiety
3. Embarrassment or low self-esteem
4. Relationship problems
5. The inability to get your partner pregnant
Initial steps to improve erectile dysfunction:-
● Exercise regularly and maintain good cardiovascular health
● Establish and maintain healthy sleep habits
● Maintain a healthy weight and follow healthy nutrition guidelines
● Quit using tobacco
● Limit or avoid the use of alcohol
● Reduce stress
If the above steps don’t solve your issues with ED, you should see a medical doctor to determine the cause and potential treatment solutions. Erectile dysfunction can signify a more significant health issue, including cardiovascular conditions, diabetes, hormone deficiencies, etc. If you’re dealing with persistent ED symptoms, a comprehensive health assessment can help in treating underlying conditions that may be contributing to ED. Doctors at Park Endocrinology can help with ED and your overall health.
How Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Works at Park Endocrinology:-
1. Health Assessment – During your initial visit, one of our medical professionals will conduct a comprehensive health assessment, including simple blood tests.
2. Personalized Plan – Based on your health assessment, lab results, and medical history, our doctors will create your personalized plan to treat your Erectile dysfunction. Additionally, if other health conditions which cause ED are seen in the patients, such as diabetes, high blood pressure and sleep apnea, we will discuss a treatment plan for those issues as well.
3. Treatment Regimen – Your treatment regimen is based on your cause of erectile dysfunction. If your blood tests indicate low Testosterone, we will discuss testosterone replacement treatment options, which a medical professional administers in our clinic.
4. Optimization and Prevention – Once your testosterone replacement therapy regimen, or other treatment modality, is underway to address symptoms of low testosterone and ED (or other underlying health conditions), our healthcare expert will optimize treatments to work toward maximizing your overall health and wellness.
5. Our expert doctors at Park Endocrinology Center take a holistic approach to men’s health care. When Our come in to talk about symptoms of erectile dysfunction or any other health condition, they perform a comprehensive health assessment to help identify underlying causes and conditions.
6. At Park endocrinology, we come across patients with erectile dysfunction on a day-to-day basis. We also offer online consultations from the comfort of your home for people who can’t visit in person. Our team is here to help you address your overall health and help you start the path toward better wellness. Please make an appointment at our centre to discuss ED with our Doctor.
Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad
Phone number- +918885660011
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/theparkendo/